We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Dog Care Specialist to join our team. If you have a deep love for canines and enjoy providing exceptional care for them, this is the perfect opportunity for you. As a Dog Care Specialist, you will play a vital role in ensuring the well-being and happiness of our resident dogs
- Provide daily care and maintenance for all dogs in our facility, including feeding, bathing, and walking,, rotating dogs on their respective runs.
- Monitor and assess the health and behavior of dogs, and promptly report any concerns to the management.
- Administer medications, and treatments as instructed by management.
- Conduct regular play and exercise sessions to ensure dogs receive mental stimulation and physical activity.
- Assist with socializing and integrating new dogs into the facility.
- Maintain accurate records of each dog’s behavior, medical history, and any observed changes using shelter management software.
- Ensure a clean and hygienic environment by regularly and daily sanitizing dog enclosures, bedding, and common areas.
- Educate and provide guidance to visitors regarding dog care, behavior, and adoption processes.
- Collaborate with the adoption team to facilitate successful dog adoptions, including conducting adoption interviews and meet and greets, etc.
- Previous experience working with dogs in a shelter, veterinary clinic, or similar environment is a plus but not required.
- Decent proficiency with a computer/phone/etc to enter information into our shelter management system.
- Must be over 18 years old.
- Ability to handle dogs of all temperaments, including those that may be fearful or aggressive.
- Strong observational skills and the ability to recognize signs of distress or illness in dogs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with colleagues, volunteers, and visitors.
- Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy objects (e.g., dog carriers) and perform tasks that involve bending, kneeling, and standing for extended periods.
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as required.
- Compensation of $10.25/hr with room for increase with review.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of dogs and contribute to their welfare.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- Chance to work with a diverse team of animal lovers.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and passion for dog care. We will review applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
The Bridge Home No Kill Animal Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.