We have a very small staff and depend on volunteers to do much of our work. We welcome new volunteers aged 18 and older. Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Most volunteer hours are 12 pm to 6 pm, but accommodations can be made if you’d like to volunteer in the morning instead.
• Walk dogs and let them out on rotation on the pads.
• Enrichment with dogs (playing games, walking the dogs, helping teach the basic commands, etc.)
• Help come up with enrichment games and puzzles for the dogs to do in their kennels.
• Take pictures and videos for social media to help promote the dogs for adoption.
• Help handle dogs to PetSmart on the weekend for adoption events.
• Scoop poop from the outside fenced-in areas.
• Help keep kennels clean throughout the day.
• Wash dog food and water bowls.
• Help socialize the scared dogs.
• Help with socializing the shy cats.
• Enrichment with toys and games.
• Help come up with enrichment games and puzzles for the cats and kittens.
• Help transport cats to PetSmart to the adoption center.
• Help do cat adoptions at the adoption center in PetSmart.
• Take pictures and videos for social media to help promote the adoptable cats and kittens.
• Help scoop cat boxes throughout the day.
• Clean cat food and water bowls.
• Foster kittens that are too young to be adopted out.
• Help with data entry.
• Help with vet transports and trips to Margaret Mitchell.
• Help take and handle animals to PetSmart to adoption events.
• Help with adoption events and offsite fundraisers.
• Pictures and videos to help promote the rescue on social media.
• Pull weeds and help with the landscape in the front.
• Help pick up aluminum cans at our three recycling locations and transport to recycle.
• Help keep up with the laundry.
• Become an adoption consultant.
• Become a liaison with the public in the building.